The Policy, Legislation, Management and Finance Component in Phase 2 will help define the legal and institutional frameworks for education policy and management. These provide the guideline for developing policy for all the sub-sectors and the frame for ensuring coherent, efficient and effective development of the whole education sector.
The component will also complement the Rapid Assessment Financing Study, and compile a complete picture of education funding issues in and across all education sectors with recommendations for addressing them. A simulation model for funding reforms will also be developed, which will assist decision-makers in choosing among costing options in Phase Three.
Specifically, this component will
- • Build a data baseline and more solid understanding of the education system and education outcomes, building on the findings of the Rapid Assessment.
- • Examine the legal, policy, institutional, organizational and financial frameworks and mechanisms which affect education outcomes
- • Create a baseline of data and information to inform education sector planning and progress monitoring, based on the key principles of Access and Equity
- • Make recommendations for policy and institutional reform, as well as building systems for quality assurance, school inspection, and ECD and school supervision.
- • Make recommendations for costing Myanmar education reform Finance: working closely with all other sub-sectoral teams which also include a financing of education element,:
- • On the basis of the findings from the above, make recommendations for reforms to policy, legislation, management and financing of the sector, taking account of existing strengths, opportunities, gaps, constraints, the socio-cultural context in Myanmar, including plans for decentralization).