The Objectives of the In-depth Analysis are:
(1) Develop a detailed and up-to-date body of knowledge on the education sector, including overarching policy, management and financing issues and access, quality and management issues across the sub-sectors.
(2) Collect data and undertake further analysis to develop a comprehensive baseline for planning and for monitoring trends and sector progress over time.
(3) Identify strengths, weaknesses and lessons learned.
(4) Develop understanding of the range of views, perceptions and motivations/ incentives of different education stakeholders.
(5) From the above, develop a range of costed options for the Education Sector Plan.
The Components are:
- Policy, Legislation, Management (PLM) and Finance
- Early Childhood Development and Basic Education (ECDBE) (including Early Childhood Education, Primary and Secondary Education, Language of Instruction, Curriculum, Textbook and Learner Assessment, and Supervision)
- Teacher Education
- Non Formal Education (NFE)
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)